Friday, January 27, 2012

Grunge Rock Card for A La Card Monkey and Valentine Blog Hop!!

 Hi Blogging Friends!!

I was trying to think outside the box this week and not do a Girly Valentine, But it kind of turned out Girly-Man! lol That's ok, my Husband loves Girly-Man cards!! How could he not... he loves me so! lol

I am in love with Pennants, I know... I don't use them a lot but I think about them all the time, I even dream about them!! (ok I need more therapy)

Ahhh it's all about love this week at A La Card Monkey! I have been telling Terry for weeks "I Want Pennants"! and Now I got them!!

Because this week it's a Valentine Challenge at A La Card Monkey. Everyone can add there cards to my Valentine Blog Hop!! Yea!!!

Anyone can  join the fun, here is all you have to do.

1. Anything goes, Card, 3D project it just has to be Valentines.
 2. Add the Hop to your Post, by using the code from Linky tools.
3. Add badge to post with a link to my blog.
4. Has to be a new post.

If you can't make it this week that is ok. I will be doing the Hop every Tuesday. Here are the dates January 24th and 31st and February 7th. I will pick a weekly winner on Mondays, then the big 4 week Winner on Tuesday February 14th Valentines Day!! I am giving the Winner a Valentine Owl... can you see how cute that is going to be??!!

I put a lot of pearls on this card, including on the Guitar.

I used the 1/8 inch hole punch on the pennants. Then threaded the ribbon through each pennant. The (my world) is punched with the word window, then cut again with the word window punch to make it shorter.

Stamp Sets:
Grunge Rock 6pc set 2011-2012 Catalog
Perfect Words (Hostess) 8pc set 2011-2012 Catalog
Just Jawing 6pc set 2009-2010 Catalog ("You" Stamp)
Ink and Paper Colors:
Real Red, Vanilla, Black
Accessories:
Pearls, Red Glitter paper, Heart to Heart Punch, Vanilla 1/8th inch ribbon, Pennant Builder punch, Riding hood red pleated ribbon, Sponge dauber. Word window punch.
Designer Series Paper:
First Edition 2011-2012 Catalog
Big Shot:
Hearts Adorning Accents Embossing folder

Here is a sneak peek at Terry Su's Card jump over to her blog to check it out!

Thanks for looking
Love you guys!!
Hugs
Shirley



9 comments:

Terry said...

Fabulous card, Shirley Su! I love the print with the pleated ribbon and pearls. It's like sugar and spice. I'm not sure if that's what your hubby is made of.... he he he.

Diane Vander Galien said...

WOW!!! Love the pattern paper. Great color combo and love the pop of glimmer paper. Love the great accents of pearls and ribbon!!! GD Diane

Elizabeth Price said...

This is such a cool card. I just love the /red Glimmer Paper with the First Edition! That combo makes for a great look.

Anonymous said...

Great card! I love how the pennants almost blend into the background and the small detail of stringing them with the ribbon. And thanks for the blog hop tip. I am having so much fun with with A La Card Monkey this week!

Lesley said...

This is a fabulous card Shirley! I love the guitar and the newsprint paper!

Libby said...

This card rocks! It is such a fun piece.

Christine said...

This is such a great card! Love how it turned out :)

Heidi said...

Shirley, love the unique look of the card and all of your extra special touches. The pleated red ribbon looks really cool and the glitter letters "rock" are the perfect finishing touch!

Fi said...

Your card really "Rocks" - love the newspaper paper.